Monday, March 5, 2012

Bites I Got

Today was a good day. I'm glad to say I finally made time to go to the gym and study C++ on my own time, because I want to major in Computer Science in college when I graduate next year. I actually hear the college I want to go to has a really tough class. Programming all throughout the night for homework. I hear they get a lot of homework, but think about this. Coding a simple program even throughout the night could really take a whole night. You need to test, correct and re-write codes a lot of the time. Programming a code, regardless if it's for homework isn't a one time task... and as for other news, I'm going to my dad's house on Saturday night, but Courtney and I might be hanging out during the day before I go to my dad's house. Looks like it's going to be an alright week actually.

As for my company, Dobeva Brew Productions, our site has been updated and is an all-Flash website. I didn't code everything from scratch, only half. Here's the link. http://bit.ly/A1vo1q.

---

Here's what I've learned so far.

As the x86 term became common after the introduction of the 80386, it usually implies a binary compatibility with the 32-bit instruction set of the 80386. This may sometimes be emphasized as x86-32 to distinguish it either from the original 16-bit x86-16 or from the newer 64-bit x86-64 (also called x64). Although most x86-processors used in new personal computers and servers have 64-bit capabilities, to avoid compatibility problems with older computers or systems, the term x86-64 is often used to denote 64-bit software, with the term x86 implying only 32-bit.

Go with the 32bit... It has more compatible drivers and support. Unless you are going to be doing 3D Rendering, Video Editing, or RAW Files in PhotoShop, 64bit OSs aren't worth the trouble.

Term definition: Technically x86 simply refers to a family of processors and the instruction set they all use. It doesn't actually say anything specific about data sizes.



For example, here is a x86 machine language instruction: 10110000 01100001.


The higher the instruction, the better the computer. However, it's not always so useful. It will be troublesome if you get a computer with x86bit instruction. Like I said above, unless you're going to be rendering 3D or truly HD videos.


Now let's take a look at an example of a simple HTML code you should all know for basic C++.


<html>
<body style="background-color:yellow;">
<h2 style="background-color:black;">This is a heading</h2>
<p style="background-color:green;">This is a paragraph.</p>
</body>
</html>



the above is a simple HTML code even used in this blog post. Click here for an HTML tester and copy and paste the code into the tester submitting it.


I'm going to stop here for now. I posted the basics of what I wanted to share.



6 comments:

  1. Awesome jobe with starting your study. yes programing is very challenging and you need to be a logical/mathematical thinker and creative to do well. It can take months or even years to develope full programs and games and alot of the time it take multiple programmers. Its great your studying now and yes you will get ALOT of homeowrk and generally will be very hard but ull do great at it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Lymee! Yeah, tell me about it.... I asked a question about bits to my school technician who went to the college I want to go to for the same class... He was like but for binary... he was like Well a 64 bit has 2 thirds of binary... and a 32 bit has 2 4ths of the.... I was like... "Please... somebody kill me." haha. I understood exactly what he was saying, HOWEVER just because I understood it doesn't mean I absorbed the information for the rest of my life. Get what I mean? Like you need to study C++ coding, bits and all that consistently.... you need to be around coding a lot so you can remember it well.

    Thanks for the positive coment man, it will be hard and thanks - awesome job? I wouldn't go that far I mean the site looks pretty cool but I'm generally not a fan of my work because I like seeing other people's work... I can still get better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I’m assuming that x64 works the same as x86?

    ReplyDelete
  4. x64 is an extension of x86, that allows use of more memory, and some other things.... SIMILAR, not 'the same'

    ReplyDelete
  5. But you could for sure 'consider' it the same... I mean they do work similar... instructions are a bit different... rendering I believe for video purposes, the higher the instruction the better for rendering but there's a lot more issues... such as iPhone vs. Android. Android has issues because it has Flash and all other great machine instruction... so it's vulnerable... whereas iPhone has lower bit. instructions so it won't be as troublesome unless you damage it manually.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Quoted from dictionary... x86= The term x86 refers to a family of instruction set architectures based on the Intel 8086. The 8086 was launched in 1978 as a fully 16-bit extension of Intel's early 8-bit based microprocessors and also introduced segmentation to overcome the 16-bit addressing barrier of earlier chips.

    ReplyDelete