Friday, March 16, 2012

Cracking the Code

As you may have noticed I haven't posted in a while. Here I am again. Over the past week I've had time to think and loads of therapy. The one main thing I will tell everyone just as a general note is being positive is the first step to a successful life. I don't put a label on my lifestyle as I'm only 17. Either way, in the past week I've done this.


  • Meditate, (calm myself down in any situation that is stressing me out, cope with whatever it is and to just let go) not the kind of meditation you'd think of though, it's a bit different. We get a picture of a sunset or different locations and envision that, we pick one out of many selections or envision our own and as she guides us through other steps we envision a specific thing/location when she says as she guides

  • Open up (yes, it's actually good to open up and this is coming from a teenager.) 
  • Made a new friend
All of these are positive things. Now maybe it sounds weird to hear a teen say opening up is good, when a while back I wasn't so much on the side. Now I see truly. Now it still is hard for everyone, but what's one thing about psychology that's true? If you set your mind to anything you can do almost anything. Except fly... if you figure that one out please let me know!  

Tomorrow night I go to my dad's house. I see him every other weekend. I'll be at his house at night so we'll go out and eat Sushi and watch a movie at home. Love it. Until then, I've just gotten home and will be studying A+ (computer repair). 

Website of the year? An online flash drive!! Minus.com gives you 10.0GB free and if you give someone your refferal link to create an account 1gig is added to your account for each person who joins, giving you upto 50 gigs of storage FREE! Sick no? It has an exe downlaodable file, and a Android, iPhone and chrome/firefox extension. Check it out and  let me know. 

--

I'm reading a website now, an online free A+ resource that's actually awesome. Check it out. I'll link the website and quote from it. Link here: http://www.mcmcse.com/comptia/aplus/notes/aplus_processors.shtml

The processor, also known as a microprocessor and the CPU, can be thought of as the brains of the system and is responsible for executing software commands and performing calculation functions. There are basically 2 CPU manufacturers today - Intel and AMD. Their processors are not interchangeable meaning that if you buy an AMD CPU, you must have a motherboard that supports AMD CPUs and vice versa. 

Speed:
A CPU's capabilities are defined by their "instruction set" which are lines of code that are passed back and forth over the external data bus. CPUs are rated by clock speed - this is the speed is the maximum speed that the CPU can operate at. The motherboard has a system crystal soldered to it that sends a pulse out at a given speed that is received by the CPU. This is referred to as the system bus speed. The CPU will normally operate at the system bus speed even if it can handle faster speeds. With most CPUs it is possible to tell the clock chip to operate to multiply the system pulse to go faster than the CPU's designed speed. This is called overclocking which is a risky option that can lead to hardware failure. 

--

Now I won't go too much into what I think about the quoted section mainly because I'm tired and crave late night dinner and a comedy movie. Catch you all later. PS: Therapeutic meditation/relaxation is not bad, imagine a relaxing place and just let go.... it's like eating cream cheese in heaven.... if that's what you dream of doing on your relaxing time (cream cheese joke came from an old commercial) but I'm one of the people who laughed at therapy and it's pretty good. Sounds like bull shit like guided meditation/relaxation would work - it does. Alright, now for real... catch you later. I'll catch up on tech stuff later. 

Labels in this post: General, Advice, Tech Talk

No comments:

Post a Comment